This is a recipe I adapted from one Giada Di Laurentiis had on her show this morning. You can find the original recipe here:
Lemon and Pea Alfredo
1 lb fusilli pasta
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 pkg cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 1/2 cup peas
3 tbs lemon juice
salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just short of al dente, about 10 to 11 minutes.
2. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Put on low heat. Add parmesan and cream cheese, stirring to melt and mix the cheese. Add peas, lemon juice and seasoning. Continue to stir, cooking until pasta is al dente and cheese is melted.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup of milk
2 tbs of butter
1/2 block of Velveeta Cheese cubed
4 oz of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10 oz. of cooked Bowtie Pasta
Directions: Brown 1lb Ground Beef with Salt Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste. Drain grease and add to CrockPot. Stir in 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 cup of milk and 2 tbs of butter mix til smooth. Then add 1/2 block of Velveeta cubed to CrockPot and simmer on low for 6-8 hours. (you can add more milk or sour cream if too thick)Before serving mix in 3 oz. cubed Cream Cheese and 10 oz. cooked Bowtie Pasta.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 thinly sliced green onions
1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
Southwestern Chicken Alfredo
1 pound penne pasta
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken chunks
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt, pepper and garlic to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions on the box.
2. Add all other ingredients and cook until cheese is melted.
3. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
One-Pot Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms
1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 onion, chopped
1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup water
1 tsp dried basil
2 cups smallish pasta, such as shells, bow ties, fusilli or elbows
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken chunks and cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until just beginning to brown. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken chunks to a bowl leaving the as much of the oil behind in the pan as possible.
Add the onion and mushrooms to the pot and cook until softened – 5 to 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, water and basil, bring to a boil, then stir in the uncooked pasta. Cover with a lid, lower the heat to medium low and cook for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender but not mushy, stirring once in a while. Drain any excess water.
Return the chicken to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is completely heated through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Servings: Makes about 4 servings.
Pasta Mexicali Serves 8
8 oz. Penne, Mostaccioli or Rotini, uncooked
1 16-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 16-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 11-oz. can yellow corn kernels, drained
1 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
1/4-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tbsp. dried parsley
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Prepare pasta according package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine pasta, beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, cilantro and parsley. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, cumin, cayenne and black pepper. Slowly whisk oil into vinegar mixture. Add vinegar mixture to pasta and stir well. Serve well chilled
Chicken Pasta Primavera
3/4 pound cooked penne pasta
1 bunch broccoli florets
2 medium zucchini, cut into -inch slices
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch slices
1 6-ounce can pitted black olives, drained
1 2-ounce jar pimientos, drained
2 cups chicken breast, cooked and pulled
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1 garlic clove
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.2. Combine vegetables and chicken with pasta.3. To Make the Basil Sauce, place basil and garlic in food processor or blender and process until minced. Add mayonnaise and sour cream and process for 2 to 3 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.4. Fold in 2/3 Basil Sauce and 1/3 cup cheese.5. Season with salt and pepper. May be refrigerated up to 24 hours at this point.6. To serve, add remaining basil sauce, taste and adjust seasoning and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
This one sounds really good. I may have to try it soon!
Spinach-Pasta Salad with Shrimp
From: Diabetic Living
This 20 minute dinner recipe has under 250 calories per serving but includes shrimp, pasta and vegetables. A complete meal in minutes!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Total: 20 mins
1 cup shell pasta or elbow macaroni
1 pound fresh or frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
1/3 cup bottled creamy onion or Caesar salad dressing
2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 6-ounce package baby spinach
4 ounces goat cheese, sliced, or feta cheese, crumbled
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.2. In an extra-large bowl combine cooked pasta, shrimp, and sweet pepper. Drizzle with the salad dressing. If desired, sprinkle with dill. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.3. Divide spinach among six shallow bowls or plates. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese.4. Makes 6 servings
Calories 247, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 156 mg, Sodium 435 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Total Sugar 2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 23 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 95%, Calcium 9%, Iron 23%. Exchanges: Vegetable .5, Starch 1, Medium-Fat Meat .5, Fat 1.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet