Those of you who know me, know that I can NOT follow a recipe. I always have to tinker with them a little. This started because I wanted a i with molasses. I have a recipe for Molasses Sugar Cookies. But that recipe requires the dough to be chilled for several hours. You all also know that I am the Queen of the Procrastinators… so I need cookies for 2 this afternoon. That recipe wasn’t going to work.
I found a great looking Oatmeal Cookie recipe with molasses… and tweaked it. The result is these really yummy Old Fashioned Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie recipe. I even measured so I could share what I really did…LOL!
1 1/3 Cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cranberries (you could substitute raisins or craisins)
1. Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, butter, molasses, eggs, and vanilla.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except cranberries and mix until well-blended.
3. Add cranberries and stir in well.
4. Make walnut sized balls and put about 2 inches apart on a greased cookied sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Let rest on the cookie sheet for one minute before removing. Cool on rack or paper towels.