2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tb baking powder
1 Tb sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Mix dry ingredients
3. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form
4. Add milk, mixing well
5. Put mixture onto a floured board and knead about 20 times
6. Roll or press to 3/4″ thick and cut into circles
7. Place on a lightly greased pan
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded
1 package corn tortillas
2 cups pinto beans
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup diced bell peppers
1 cup diced green chile
garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
2 cup salsa
- Mix sour cream, cream of chicken soup, onions, bell peppers, chile and seasonings in a bowl.
- Put 1/2 cup of salsa in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer corn tortillas over the salsa.
- Spread pinto beans over the tortillas.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the cheese.
- Add a layer of chicken.
- Repeat steps 2-7 until the crockpot is full. Add a last layer of cheese on top.
- Cook in the crockpot on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
All of the ingredients can be adjusted to taste.
1 pound Italian sausage
1 pound ground turkey
3 cans spaghetti sauce
2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Brown Italian sausage and ground turkey. Add spices to taste. Add 2 cans spaghetti sauce. Simmer.
2. Mix cottage cheese, mozzarella, and eggs. Mix well.
3. Put one can of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the crockpot. Put a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of the crockpot. Add a layer of cheese mixture and then a layer of meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles, cheese, and meat. Continue until the ingredients are gone or the crock pot is full.
4. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high.
This is a recipe I adapted from one Giada Di Laurentiis had on her show this morning. You can find the original recipe here:
Lemon and Pea Alfredo
1 lb fusilli pasta
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 pkg cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 1/2 cup peas
3 tbs lemon juice
salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just short of al dente, about 10 to 11 minutes.
2. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Put on low heat. Add parmesan and cream cheese, stirring to melt and mix the cheese. Add peas, lemon juice and seasoning. Continue to stir, cooking until pasta is al dente and cheese is melted.
My son loves cheesecake and he loves peanut butter. So for his 21st birthday, I came up with this recipe☺
1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1/3 cup butter
5 pkg cream cheese
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup butterfinger pieces
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup butterfinger chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Combine pretzels and butter for the crust. Press into the bottom of a greased pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Add eggs and beat on low until just combined. Stir in butterfinger pieces. Pour over crust.
3. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until almost set. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
5. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers (if you have any!)
2 cups flour
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 375.
Cream sugar and butter together. Add molasses and egg. Mix well.
Add soda and spices. Mix well.
Gradually add flour and mix until all combined.
Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning
3 cups water
2 cups minute rice
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon garlic
1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and brown in oil.
2. Add salsa, taco seasoning, Garlic and tumeric.
3. Simmer, stirring to get the chicken pieces coated with spices.
4. Add water and bring to a
5. Add rice, cover and remove from heat.
6. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
7. You can top with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, or sour cream. Or just enjoy plain!