New Mexican Breakfast Casserole
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 pound bacon or sausage, browned and crumbled
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup hot green chile (Bueno Autumn Roast is great!)
2 cups hash browns, diced potatoes, or tater tots
garlic, salt, pepper to taste
6 eggs, mixed well
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Spray cooking spray into a 9 x 12 baking pan.
3. Layer the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of the pan with crescent roll dough,
4. Put the meat down first, covering the bottom of the pan. Add potatoes, onion and chile. Season.
5. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the mixture. Pour eggs over the top. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
6. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.