- 4 cups coarsely grated zucchini, packed ( one thin zucchini about 10-inches in length)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 small onions, finely chopped ( or use green onions)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic ( or to taste, or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( can use cheddar cheese)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper ( or to taste)
- olive oil ( for frying, or use vegetable or Canola oil)
- Hand squeeze out as much of the moisture in the zucchini as possible (this is important!).
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except oil.
- Mix well to combine and adjust seasoning salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop the zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoons into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown.