3 cups All-purpose flour
2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 8oz Can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup Cooking oil
3 large Eggs well beaten
2 cups Bananas (3 bananas) chopped
1 cup Walnuts or pecans finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 tblspoon Butter or margarine melted
1 cup Sifted powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a 10″ tube or a fluted tube pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3. Remove 2 Tablespoons of juice from the can of pineapple. Set this juice aside for the glaze.
4. To the flour mixture, add the can of pineapple, the oil, eggs, banana, nuts, and vanilla. Stir until just blended. Do not beat.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the 325 degree oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack and remove the pan from the cake. Cool completely.
6. To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine the melted butter or margarine with the powdered sugar. Add enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make a glaze of drizzling consistancy. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. For a glaze with a whole new dimension, try substituting rum for the pineapple juice.