Makes about 10 to 12 pancakes
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients and blend in all the wet ingredients.
Heat griddle with medium heat. Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle and cook 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, then flip. Cook another minute until golden brown on both side. Just like when you’re making regular pancakes.
Serve hot with butter, next to your favorite soup, beans or chili.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup hash browns
5 slices bacon, crumbled
4 sausage patties, cut into small pieces
1 onion, diced
1 cup chopped green chili
1 tbs chicken buillion
1 tbs flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
salt, pepper and garlic to taste
1. Cook bacon and sausage. Crumble into pieces.
2. Add butter, onion and hash browns.
3. Cook until done. Do not brown the hash browns.
4. Add eggs. Season to taste. Cook until egg whites are solid.
5. To make sauce: Heat green chili to boiling. Add chicken buillion. Make a roux with flour and milk and mix well. Pour into green chili. Add water if it gets too thick. Once it has reach gravy consistency, add cheese.
6. Warm tortillas.
7. Put egg mixture into tortillas and roll. Pour gravy over the top. Enjoy!